It’s been over a year since, COVID-19 hit the United States. Shortly after COVID-19 was declared a global pandemic, our team quickly took measures to address the safety and concerns of our communities and members.
As we’ve navigated the ups and downs that COVID has brought into everyone’s lives, we’ve also navigated making changes to our original measures. The goal? Always supporting our members, prioritizing their safety, and helping more people find community during these times of increasing isolation.
We want to share the latest version of the measures we are currently taking to ensure safety within our homes. As we’ve learned, these measures will most likely change and adapt many times over the next few months as we get closer to the end. If you ever have a question about our current COVID-19 protocol, please feel free to email email@example.com.
Safety in our Starcity homes
Our Starcity team is relying on the guidance of local health and safety mandates, CDC guidelines, and feedback from our members to keep the community safe. This means that our team is keeping a close eye on any information that comes our way, and updating our members accordingly.
In the day-to-day of our communities this means:
- Clear guest policies to support limited and safe social interaction during the pandemic.
- Increased time and focus, from our professional cleaning staff, dedicated to disinfecting the common areas of our communities.
- Masks being worn by all staff when there is a need to come in and out of any of our communities in addition to continued, timely warnings of any onsite visits from our teams.
- Regularly scheduled preventative electrostatic cleanings of our homes.
- Keeping our members informed by updating them of any changes to state and local mandates.
- Maintaining a calendar of diverse and engaging virtual events for all members.
- Helping our members plan community-specific engagements so households can still socialize safely, with their housemates.
- Encouraging social distancing, mask-wearing, and hand-washing practices for all members to keep our communities safe as a whole.
- If someone does feel sick, we ask that they notify a member of our team so we can support them in quarantining comfortably, while keeping their housemates safe!
At this point, almost everyone knows someone firsthand who has had COVID-19. We’re no exception and have had a handful of community members who have also contracted the virus over the last year. Luckily, everyone has made a full recovery and openly communicated with our team when they did get sick. Because of this, we were able to implement additional health and safety protocols that successfully prevented spread within the communities. Cheers to being good neighbors!
Growing our communities
With people feeling increasingly isolated during this time, we’re lucky to have been able to add so many members to our homes, safely. How did we do this?
- COVID-19 safety policies are reviewed and signed off on in each new member’s application process. This is where we share our safety policies regarding keeping our neighbors safe and encourage communication around each individual’s approach to social distancing. Setting standards out the gate has made it easy for everyone to be on the same page.
- COVID-19 Self Certification forms are signed by each new member. This means that they are agreeing to not move in if they have been exposed to COVID-19, are actively ill with COVID-19, or are experiencing any symptoms at the time of their move in date. As you can imagine, most people are more than happy to verify that they’re healthy for the sake of their new community!
- Incoming members are introduced to the existing members of our communities, via email, prior to their arrival. This is an opportunity to connect directly about any concerns, prior to them officially arriving, and sets the tone for great communication from day one.
- All new members are asked to wear masks in any common spaces of their community for the first ten days after they move in. This is a loose self-quarantine period to make sure everyone feels comfortable as there are transitions in the communities.
The Starcity team
While most of our team is still remote at the moment, we do have some champion members of our Community Team who head onsite each week. They are making sure our communities, facilities, and housekeeping teams are running smoothly so everything stays clean and comfortable while our members are home more often.
Our team will continue to keep a close eye on the situation, and continue to adjust our protocols accordingly. As always, we’d love to hear from you with feedback, questions, or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.