Watched your nth rerun of The Office? Ready for a change? Just in time for our first official “Stay at Home” weekend, we’ve compiled a roundup of the internet’s best socially distant activities while we’re all sheltering in place.
Workout and Fitness
- Strava – Running & Biking App
- The Dailey Method – Barre Online (Free 14 day trial)
- Peloton Fitness
- The Class with Taryn Toomey (Free 2 Week Trial)
- Virtual Tours of some of the world’s most famous Museums
- Overdrive – Free Audio Books
- Free podcasts on Spotify & Apple
- Free Virtual Concerts
- Met Opera – Live Stream
- Skillshare – Classes taught by Experts (Free 2 month trial)
- Learn a new language with Duolingo
- Skype a Scientist LIVE
- Help find a lost dog with the Shadow app
- If you want to help out, here are a few *local & national organizations that are working to ensure food, aid & supplies are delivered to those who need it most –
- Take advantage of local discounts & freebies
- Netflix Party – Watch movies with friends!
- Get a daily dose of cuteness by watching Monterey Bay Aquarium’s livestream or Baby giraffes OR Penguin Cam
- Build a Haiku with people from around the world
- Check out Life on Mars
For Starcity Members!
With the temporary cancellation of physical events, we’ll be taking our events online starting next week! Stay tuned for an email with more info so we can continue to stay connected to our community.
Want to host your own virtual event? Email email@example.com so we can help!
Grab a cup of coffee with your experience team! Feeling antsy and just want to chat? We’re ready to have virtual coffee dates, swap book recommendations, and dish on whatever Netflix show you’re watching. We’ll definitely be reaching out to check in over the coming weeks, but feel free to hit us up first!
Check in and stay connected with fellow members on the mobile app!